Digital Media Technologist
Continuing on fourteen years of freelance work and permanent roles, Fahim Moussi maintains a practice as a solutions developer and specialist in digital media technologies.
Insights gained while working in design, film and audiovisual production are frequently applied to his documentation, systems planning and leadership.
Some of this work includes having:
- Instructed at workshops on a variety of topics in graphic design, audiovisual production and event livestreaming
- Implemented Web-based broadcast scheduling and automation for an FM radio station using self-hosted open source software
- Experimented with gamification at a non-profit media outlet to control workshop and equipment access while driving volunteer engagement
- Developed production tracking, management and content distribution systems for livestreaming and video recording teams at two multi-campus universities
- Leveraged available enterprise systems, spreadsheets and the API Economy to optimize workflows, surface useful metrics and free up time for busy technicians and managers
- Managed and maintained the technical requirements for livestreaming activities in-studio and on-the-ground during a historic period in Canada, garnering a pageview count of 21.4 million during the period and a highest single-day livestream audience of over 40,000 viewers
- Managed and maintained the digital signage, video streaming and in-room recording platforms for a 30,000+ community of staff, teachers and students at Simon Fraser University during and after the global pandemic
Since the Fall of 2023, Fahim has been developing Python software and improving his commercial Audiovisual Engineering skills as a proud staff member of Langara College in Vancouver, British Columbia.